We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suitcase / bag suitable to carry ski boots helmet

Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Suitcase / bag suitable to carry ski boots helmet

I am looking for a bag / suitcase that will fit requirements for airlines that can accommodate ski boots helmet and clothing etc

Am travelling from Australia spending a week in London the going to skii in Italy definitely want to take own boots not hire any ideas

Mission, Canada
Destination Expert
for Travel Gadgets and Gear, Mission
Level Contributor
9,095 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suitcase / bag suitable to carry ski boots helmet

Not offhand can I think of any cases. But I'd certainly be interested to know the results of a google search or search of various online catalogs such as those provided by MEC or REI.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
14,150 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suitcase / bag suitable to carry ski boots helmet

I am thinking something like a rolling duffle would have more room for gear and you could just stuff clothes around it all.

Spain
Destination Expert
for Travel Gadgets and Gear, New Brunswick
Level Contributor
6,669 posts
270 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suitcase / bag suitable to carry ski boots helmet

I take it that you are going to rent skis - which is a good idea. The rolling duffle sounds a good idea to me. My daughters and SIL brought their ski stuff to Italy and later commented that they should have just rented but I know skiiers like their own equipment whenever possible. Have fun.

Mission, Canada
Destination Expert
for Travel Gadgets and Gear, Mission
Level Contributor
9,095 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suitcase / bag suitable to carry ski boots helmet

keen, I am totally sympathetic to the OP's need. To me, I'd much rather use my own boots when Skiing.

In fact, I don't have skis and poles anymore but just rent everything except for the boots. It just wasn't cost effective to go buy new skis given the amount I downhole ski each year now. However, I am considering purchasing a set of cross-country skis.

Spain
Destination Expert
for Travel Gadgets and Gear, New Brunswick
Level Contributor
6,669 posts
270 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Suitcase / bag suitable to carry ski boots helmet

Depending on your height I could have a spare set!!! (((laughs))).

Was recently in |Calgary and could have used them!!!!

Maine
Level Contributor
886 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Suitcase / bag suitable to carry ski boots helmet

How about one of these:

www.llbean.com/llb/shop/509635…

The backpacks have separate side compartments for the boots with drainage so that your clothes don't get wet when putting away boots at the end of the day.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,795 posts
1,037 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Suitcase / bag suitable to carry ski boots helmet

www.ebags.com probably does not ship to Australia? They have a huge selection of all kinds of luggage though, and you might want to browse their pages to get some ideas of what is available. I also think a duffle or backpack would work best.

www.ebags.com/department/sports-and-duffels…

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,049 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Suitcase / bag suitable to carry ski boots helmet

Are you considering taking them in the cabin or as checked luggage. I think if you are taking them in the cabin then you may have size and weight issues. If you checking them ,in your normal suitcase should suffice I am thinking.

9. Re: Suitcase / bag suitable to carry ski boots helmet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 November 2013, 10:15