We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TIM data plan sim - Italy - preorder from US?

Saint Simons Island...
Level Contributor
203 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
TIM data plan sim - Italy - preorder from US?

I used directions in the TripAdvisor forum areas to pre-order a Kolbi sim for Costa Rica to use in my unlocked iPhone 4 for data and voice. Instructions were great!

Now I am traveling in Southern Italy this Spring and would like to do the same thing. I see I can purchase a TIM card in Italy, but would love to have this card in my phone before I go with my pre-paid voice and data plan all set up. Is there a website where I can do this? I've tried the TIM site but it is all in Italian and a bit overwhelming for me.

Spain
Destination Expert
for Travel Gadgets and Gear, New Brunswick
Level Contributor
6,729 posts
269 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TIM data plan sim - Italy - preorder from US?

In Italy, as far as I know, you need to show your passport to get a SIM activated so this would not work. I just get a SIM when I arrive.

Saint Simons Island...
Level Contributor
203 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TIM data plan sim - Italy - preorder from US?

Thank you. I had to give my passport number to purchase the Costa Rica SIM, as well, but was able to do this online.

Navi Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: TIM data plan sim - Italy - preorder from US?

For SIM activation in foreign you need to give your legal documents. As soon as you submit it the SIM gets activated.

4. Re: TIM data plan sim - Italy - preorder from US?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2014, 05:15