We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

OneSimCard

twin cities
Level Contributor
1 post
32 reviews
Save Topic
OneSimCard

Has anyone had experience purchasing a OneSimCard in the states and using it in Europe?

http://www.onesimcard.com/

Much obliged, bdj

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: OneSimCard

We purchased a card from OneSimCard a few years ago, and have had no problem using it in Europe.

Rather than risk losing an expensive mobile phone, we purchased a basic (used) phone to use with the card, and set it aside for international travel.

Spain
Destination Expert
for Travel Gadgets and Gear, New Brunswick
Level Contributor
6,725 posts
269 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: OneSimCard

born2bike - That is exactly the way to go.

Great Barrington...
Level Contributor
4,244 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: OneSimCard

I had a very negative experience with this product. Using it on a global iPhone 5, I could never get it to completely work. I spent hours on the phone with customer service and I thought they were extremely rude, with them finally blaming everyone but themselves for the lack of performance of their card. When some of the features did work, they sucked up the resources on the card to the point where I think it would have probably cost me about $200 per day to make a few calls, check my email, and send a few texts. There are many, many better options out there and if you do decide to purchase the onesimcard, don't say I didn't warn you.

2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: OneSimCard

STAY AWAY FROM OneSimCard - they have terrible service.

Their app started working incorrectly when I got to the UK which caused incorrect menu choices. When I attempted to call service department 3 times, their people hung up within a couple seconds of taking the call.

I used the online support chat, the attendant didn't pay attention to what I wrote. When I said "I DOESN'T WORK" I was accused of using fowl language and they just disconnected.

I called their support number a fourth time (this time via Skype). When the service attendant couldn't solve my problem, after talking over me and not listening to my requests, she hung up on me when I started asking for a manager. Apparently they don't have managers 24/7.. which is completely useless when you consider they sell a product specifically intended to be used globally. How very American to only offer full support services during American business hours, 5 days a week.

The pricing is okay (less of a rip-off than other providers), but if you have ANY problems, I hope for your sake they happen when it suits OneSimCard to help you.

5. Re: OneSimCard

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2015, 05:15