We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scottevest product quality problem

London, United...
3 posts
Scottevest product quality problem

Hi,

Do you own a Scottevest jacket? If so, have you ever found the plastic earphone guides simply fall off? With my Revolution Plus jacket, the plastic cylinders simply dropped off their tabs.

I asked Scottevest to repair the issue under their product warranty, but they refused, claiming that I must have cut the guides off the jacket. I did not do this, so I'm reaching out to other customers in the hope that I can demonstrate to Scottevest that the problem exists and that they should offer good customer service accordingly.

Thanks for any help.

--

Ian

Level Contributor
55 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Scottevest product quality problem

Their customer service is notoriously lousy. Imagine blaming the customer. Sorry for your troubles. I doubt you'll be able to prove your case to their satisfaction, and would instead recommend that you boot the problem up to a higher level in the company. If they refuse to honor the warranty, file a complaint with the BBB and wherever else you can, and post negative reviews on popular sites.

London, United...
3 posts
2. Re: Scottevest product quality problem

Thank you for your reply.

Now I'm searching, I am finding some similar customer service accounts to me. Sadly they're not BBB accredited, but I've submitted a review to the BBB website.

The issue was raised with Scottevest CEO Scott Jordan. When I protested against the company's view, he said "We are done. Your emails have been blocked from our server. Goodbye."

Given this is the case, I really have no choice but to raise the problem publicly, as you suggest.

Level Contributor
55 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Scottevest product quality problem

Agree. Good try.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,741 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Scottevest product quality problem

"We are done. Your emails have been blocked from our server. Goodbye."

=======================

Scott, you're a rude dork.

Cheers,

Terry

London, United...
3 posts
5. Re: Scottevest product quality problem

I've posted my exchanges with Scottevest online at storify.com/ifenn/…

I was a loyal customer prior to all this. In fact, I bought two further jackets while I was talking to them. I guess I expected them to do what's right in the end.

6. Re: Scottevest product quality problem

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 July 2013, 11:05
Ann Arbor, MI
Destination Expert
for Michigan, Ann Arbor
Level Contributor
2,186 posts
176 reviews
7. Re: Scottevest product quality problem

I appreciate you posting about this problem. I was planning to get one of their vests for travel and birding, but after I read your situation I googled scottvest quality issues and I was surprised by what I read.

Time to do further research to find a better product.

Mission, Canada
Level Contributor
9,096 posts
85 reviews
8. Re: Scottevest product quality problem

Note: I was a loyal ScotteVest customer, but after my last acquisition (s) which cost me a great deal on shipping to return for exchange ... and get accused by customer service of a flaw on a shirt I sent back, plus finding out that there is no consistency to pant sizing or shirt sizing, that was it for me.

I had previously purchased two jackets, two fleece and a vest - all good products. But that last experience left a bad taste, so to speak.

I tell you, I had to get loud and clear with the Cust. Serv. Rep in regards to his accusation, especially given my purchase history and that they best make it right - FAST! I was in the USA at one address for a limited time and wanted their return shipping of the exchanged item back quickly. As it turned out, only one of the two items exchanged were sufficient and I still had to ship back the last item for full refund.

If they want my personal business again, I want Scott to come back to TripAdvisor, specifically here, and address the quality control and Customer Service issues.

Mexico City, Mexico
1 post
9. Re: Scottevest product quality problem

Money spent in ANY Scottevest product is a waste, a great waste of money.

So expensive an yet SO cheap.

Do NOT buy

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
18,255 posts
9 reviews
10. Re: Scottevest product quality problem

These products are highly touted (paid endorsements, I'm sure) on several travel expert websites such as Johnny Jet - I would also try contacting these endorsers. I was going to buy one of the vests but after reading the complaints on Flyertalk and here, no way! Now hearing about the email from the company owner, I wouldn't do business with them if they were the last company to have these vests. Fortunately, they aren't. Maybe we should a get together and form a company making this type of product but excellent quality and excellent customer service. Seems there's a demand for sure.