We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another cell phone question

Boston...
Level Contributor
136 posts
181 reviews
Save Topic
Another cell phone question

Sorry if I'm repeating other posts. I've searched the archives and I'm starting to understand but I have a question specific to my upcoming trip.

I'm traveling to Germany, Austria and the UK. If I buy this phone in the US can I use it in all my travel locations? I'm thinking I would need to buy a sim card for Germany and another for Austria (or can you roam pretty easily between the two places? I'm mostly staying in the Salzburg area while in Austria.) When I'm in the UK will their sim cards work in this phone or is the UK system different?

Here's the one I'm looking at, it's pretty cheap to buy online: Samsung GT-E1182L E1182 DUOS Unlocked Quad-Band Dual SIM GSM Phone with Dual SIM Standby Support

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
18,646 posts
425 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Another cell phone question

Phone should work fine in all three countries. You can purchase a separate SiM in each country or look for a multi- country SIM. I would recommend you check what's available domestically through Telestial.com. You might find a better deal on a phone/SIM combo or find a multi country SIM that will work economically for you.

Good luck.

2. Re: Another cell phone question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2014, 06:18