We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling with or packing a razor

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Traveling with or packing a razor

How do you guys do it? Do you just throw it in a ziplock bag? That seems to run the risk of dinging the blades or leaving them dirty... My buddy sticks it in a gym sock but I find that disgusting.

Any ideas?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,661 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling with or packing a razor

This is a question that comes up all the time on travel forums and no one has ever figured out how to do it properly.

Good luck.

Cheers,

Terry

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling with or packing a razor

Where else have you seen this discussion, Terry?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,661 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling with or packing a razor

It's the #1 mystery on many men's travel forums... how in the world do you carry a razor?!?! It seems to be an absolutely impossible task! It's why so many travellers are forced to have beards, they can't figure out how to shave until they return home...

Good luck with your research.

Cheers,

Terry

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
86,128 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traveling with or packing a razor

What is the problem? I use disposable razors that have a snap-on plastic cover to protect the blades. They go into a wet pack along with toothbrushes, toothpaste, nail scissors, and the various things my wife feels are essential to prevent wrinkles.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Traveling with or packing a razor

I like shaving with a non-disposable razor. To me, disposable razors do not shave as smoothly and feel weird because I am used to my home razor.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,900 posts
1,048 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Traveling with or packing a razor

Are you guys talking about packing electric razors? I'm not a guy, but guess who packs for both my husband and myself?

I wrap his in an old [clean!] washcloth for cushioning and blade protection, then put it in a quart size ziploc bag. Then it goes into the toiletries bag with the other stuff. It's traveled thousands of miles this way with no damage.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Traveling with or packing a razor

I was referring to packing a cartridge razor like Gillette Fusion. OK, found something interesting: www.razorkeeper.com

May be worth a try.

Edited: 05 August 2013, 02:50
Oregon
Level Contributor
3,174 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Traveling with or packing a razor

Can't you just pack it without a cartridge in it and put a new cartridge in when you get to your destination? That's what I do with the razor I use to shave my legs.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Traveling with or packing a razor

But then I would have to carry a cartridge holder... extra bulk.

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,090 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Traveling with or packing a razor

Put your razor in your toilet bag in a plastic bag, if necessary, in your hold luggage. Whats the issue.? Carefully wrapped razors wont cut or damage anything. I wish my life was only as complicated as how do a I take a razor on holiday.

Get answers to your questions