We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dizolve - any good for hand-washing?

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
859 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Dizolve - any good for hand-washing?

Does anyone have any experience of using dizolve detergent sheets? I found these today in savers and they were so cheap, but I don't know if they are suitable for doing my laundry by hand?

Mission, Canada
Destination Expert
for Travel Gadgets and Gear, Mission
Level Contributor
9,095 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dizolve - any good for hand-washing?

They've been mentioned in this forum before. Can't remember the consensus.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
859 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dizolve - any good for hand-washing?

Yeah, but the thread is now closed and as its a relatively new product in the UK, I didn't know if any more people knew of/used it.

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,103 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dizolve - any good for hand-washing?

If they are so cheap buy some and try them out , then come back and tell us how successful or not they were

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
859 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dizolve - any good for hand-washing?

Well I used the laundry sheets while away and I used some of the standard travel wash. I have to say the dizolve sheets smelt nicer and the scent lasted longer than that of the travel wash.

They did take a little while to dissolve completely, but they left no residue on the dry clothes and they felt clean and soft when dry.

I will definately use them again when travelling in preference of the liquid travel was that I used to use.

Rowe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
581 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dizolve - any good for hand-washing?

I just discovered this product online today. I'm traveling to Australia and Asia for 6 weeks soon and need to be able to do both hand and machine wash (staying with friends for 3 weeks and prefer not to use up their detergents). Carrying a large-enough bottle of liquid detergent isn't possible.

I haven't found any USA vendors and the Canadian company doesn't seem to ship the product to the U.S. There is an Australian website for Dizolve that says it's available at Woolworth's (a grocery chain there, not the old five and dime we had in America ages ago).

There is an old thread here about Dizolve, but it was closed 3 years ago. I, too, would like to hear from travelers who have used the product. There are a number of online blogger reviews, many from cloth diaper moms. If Dizolve can clean cloth diapers, it would have to be good.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
859 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dizolve - any good for hand-washing?

I was impressed with them, although they are meant to be for machine washing they worked well for hand washing. I have sensitive skin and often have problems with my hands even after using fairy but dizolve caused no problems.

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
28,338 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dizolve - any good for hand-washing?

Where did you find them danilou? I usually take some soap powder in a small container but sheets would be just that little bit less bulk & effort.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
859 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dizolve - any good for hand-washing?

Well they have them in tesco, but they were £5-ish. I got them in Savers and they were £1.99, I think they had them in QD as well. They weigh almost nothing and are flat so really easy to pack.

Mission, Canada
Destination Expert
for Travel Gadgets and Gear, Mission
Level Contributor
9,095 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dizolve - any good for hand-washing?

If they are anything like the thin soap sheets I bought once to try for camping (& travelling), the ones I bought were near useless. Ever since, I just carry a mutli-purpose bar of soap; works for my hands, face, body, some stains on shirts, and the occasional sock.

For other hand-washing, I just use a small amount of shampoo I bring or buy some more shampoo at my destination for my hair and clothes washing.

10. Re: Dizolve - any good for hand-washing?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 November 2014, 05:16