We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel Sim for Europe

Melbourne, Australia
5 posts
Save Topic
Travel Sim for Europe

Has anybody out there used AussieSim when travelling to Europe?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
88,261 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel Sim for Europe

We have used www.travelsim.net.au and it works well.

Sunshine Coast
Level Contributor
2 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel Sim for Europe

I have been using Truphone. It works really well and the calls are cheaper than other travel sims I've seen. You can have local numbers in various countries on the same sim card, which is a great feature. When you reach another country you just switch and off and it picks up the local carrier. Excellent support service wherever you are in the world. Highly recommended.

Save Reply
3. Re: Travel Sim for Europe

I just bought a Truphone sim. I installed it in Australia where it worked fine, but now I am in Europe it doesn't roam. All I get is 'no service' and it runs down my battery continually searching for a provider.

I can't call their help line because the sim are simply doesn't work (presumably if I could the call would be at my expense). I emailed them and got a reply but no help. So I've wasted my money and more importantly don't have a phone and will have to buy a local card. My wife had a go-SIM card and that is working well, but the whole point was so we could call each other. I would stay clear of Truphone.

Edited: 28 June 2014, 14:44
London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel Sim for Europe

Hey there,

I'm really sorry to hear you've been having trouble with your SIM in Europe.

So I can get you back up and running I'll need some details from you, however I don't want you to post your personal details over TripAdvisor. If you can send your name and Truphone number to me through one of the following channels I'll be able to get this issue sorted for you:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Truphone - send a private message

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Truphone - send a direct message

If you're able to make a call please use one of the following numbers:

UK: +44 0203 006 4300

US: 1 888 996 6245

AUS: +61 2 8999 4206

As soon as I have your name and number I'll get your service fully restored so you can make full use of your mobile. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

All the best,

Ricky - Truphone Expert

5. Re: Travel Sim for Europe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions