We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel a Room Spy Camera

Charlotte, North...
9 posts
Save Topic
Hotel a Room Spy Camera

I will be traveling out of country next month and am concerned about theft in my hotel room by the staff. Can anyone recommend a good reliable discrete camera I could get to set up in the room for piece of mind? Thanks.

95 replies to this topic
Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,311 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Hotel a Room Spy Camera

Have you considered that you could be violating local laws by placing a hidden camera to record people without their knowledge?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
14,137 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Hotel a Room Spy Camera

Good point. Could be seen to be voyeristic etc.

Baffles me as to how people filled with so much paranoia manage to even board a plane these days. Travel is about living and experiencing. Not spending the entire time worried about your material goods.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
39,273 posts
814 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Hotel a Room Spy Camera

The one good thing about this kind of posts is that it keeps us entertained!

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
17,121 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Hotel a Room Spy Camera

But doesn't it also make you feel a little sad? Some folks are not getting as much out of travel as they could due to fear and concerns about safety and, I'm sure, some are not traveling at all due to the same. That's sad to me.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
14,137 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Hotel a Room Spy Camera

Quite possibly so kileysmom. But I cant fix their brains for them and remove the silly paranoia. They have to do that for themselves.

Personally - I cannot imagine a life without travelling - no matter what is going on in the world.

26. Re: Hotel a Room Spy Camera

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 08 November 2013, 22:05
Edited: 08 November 2013, 22:05

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,386 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Hotel a Room Spy Camera

It could good better lots if you didn't advertise.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
37 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Hotel a Room Spy Camera

Wow, I've never seen those portable safes before. I've always been content with locking things in my suitcase (not that I really take anything that valuable). It's worth keeping in mind, as I've started taking my laptop on dive holidays so I can do regular downloads of my photo's.

Edited: 16 November 2013, 23:55
spain
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
29. Re: Hotel a Room Spy Camera

I understand how you feel but there's a saying that you "Do not leave your valuables unattended". Take your valuables with you if you're going out. If you still want to look for a reliable spy camera, try a ballpen-type or a battery type. It will cost you a lot though.

2 posts
Save Reply
30. Re: Hotel a Room Spy Camera

Cause I've found one in vietnam. At least 2 in the bedroom and at least 1 in the washroom. It had also hidden microphone near the bed. Travelers, beware of those malicious merchants/staffs

Reply to: Hotel a Room Spy Camera
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted