We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SIM card for Spain for unlocked iPhone - pre-trip purchase?

Saint Simons Island...
Level Contributor
202 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
SIM card for Spain for unlocked iPhone - pre-trip purchase?

I have an unlocked iPhone 5 and would like to purchase a pre-paid data plan SIM to use while traveling in Spain for two weeks. My preference is to purchase this in advance of my arrival in order not to have to track down a store when I get to Madrid UNLESS there is one in the airport.

Some people are recommending purchasing a card on eBay, but I don't know enough to know which offerings are good deals. I am willing to pay more to have the card when I arrive. This forum gave me the perfect information for doing this for a trip to Costa Rica so I'm hoping to get good help again.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
40,089 posts
815 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SIM card for Spain for unlocked iPhone - pre-trip purchase?

You are more likely to get a good answer in the Spain forums.

2. Re: SIM card for Spain for unlocked iPhone - pre-trip purchase?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 May 2015, 06:17