We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st time Ipad user on long haul flight

London, United...
Level Contributor
348 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
1st time Ipad user on long haul flight

Hi There,

I'm a long time long haul traveller but never watched anything on an Ipad before on a plane and id like some tips and info on how to do it please

I'm assuming I can download direct from ITunes but where else should I look? Movies and TV shows would be great

Thanks in advance!

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
82 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st time Ipad user on long haul flight

I recently travelled to New zealand with my ipad. I used Amazon Instant Video app to download a few movies/TV shows. With Amazon you can rent a movie - you have 30 days to watch said movie, then once you watch it for the first time - depending on the movie you can watch it as many times as you want in a 24/48 hour period. It's always been dependeable and was a great option to have.

Enjoy your travels (and Ipad!)

Wakefield, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake Garda, Lake Garda, Nago
Level Contributor
5,275 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st time Ipad user on long haul flight

You can download films and programmes from both BBC iPlayer and Skygo to watch offline.

London, United...
Level Contributor
348 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1st time Ipad user on long haul flight

Cheers folks

4. Re: 1st time Ipad user on long haul flight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 July 2015, 05:16