We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road trip in North GA mountains

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
35,012 posts
508 reviews
Road trip in North GA mountains

We did a day long road trip to Blue Ridge and the north GA mountains on Thursday.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g34778…

Know it is not a long multi state road trip but many who come to the southern US ask about areas to visit in the mountains.

16 replies to this topic
Madison, WI
Level Contributor
10,386 posts
66 reviews
1. Re: Road trip in North GA mountains

My old stomping grounds! I used to have a girlfriend in Toccoa, I met her in Atlanta when she was literally in a department store window dressing a mannequin.:-)

N. Idaho
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
25,069 posts
112 reviews
2. Re: Road trip in North GA mountains

Excellent day trip PeachBelle....or should we re-name you "Apple-Belle"? I cracked up when I got to the items you purchased at your apple place.

I love this time of year - apples are in the Farmer's Market and so delicious. Made applesauce in the Instant Pot for breakfast this morning!

Thanks for linking your TR.

(PS - Brother, SIL and I try to do a day-trip about twice a month. We've dubbed them Geezer Adventure Day!)

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
35,012 posts
508 reviews
3. Re: Road trip in North GA mountains

Thanks!

We try and do an apple day each October!

We usually do an azalea day to Callaway Gardens in March or April.

Yes it is fun finding and doing day trips for us and we try and do one about once a month.

Lewes, United...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
26,391 posts
38 reviews
4. Re: Road trip in North GA mountains

Thanks, PB, for the day trip report - I'm not sure we can truly call it a trip report as you didn't even spend a night away!

We stopped into the town of Blue Ridge last year on our Spring road trip for lunch, but ate at the BBQ place in town. The town has a really pleasant main street with some fun, unique stores suitable for browsing, for sure. It wasn't apple season, though. And we have driven parts of that area on one or another of our trips that have included time in Georgia.

I never write about them - not much point on this forum, anyway - but we do day trips too, shall have to label them GADs as well. More meaningful to D0bby but we will do a trip to 1 or 2 National Trust properties and include a pub lunch, or head out for a day long hike with at lunch stop midway in our nearest national park (3 miles to the border from home) or other designated rural beauty spots.

Always useful info to have linked in a single topic for future reference on this forum.

SWT

N. Idaho
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
25,069 posts
112 reviews
5. Re: Road trip in North GA mountains

SWT! That sounds splendid!

Maybe we should start a Geezer Adventure Day thread, hahaha!! We can all contribute.

Wednesbury, UK
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
17,273 posts
6. Re: Road trip in North GA mountains

<<met her in Atlanta when she was literally in a department store window dressing a mannequin.:-)>>

Eric, and just how long did you have this career in static retail display!?😉

SWT.

Have you noticed BA are to start direct flights to Charleston?

What’s the minimum age for the GAD club?

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
35,012 posts
508 reviews
7. Re: Road trip in North GA mountains

No I did not know about BA direct flights to Charleston!

Anyone can join the GAD club.

Madison, WI
Level Contributor
10,386 posts
66 reviews
8. Re: Road trip in North GA mountains

Valiantsontour....not long at all. I was outside the store on the sidewalk. I tapped on the window, she came out and I took her to lunch. That's about as far as I can go on this PG rated site.

DObby...for me these days every day is Geezer Adventure Day. I cherish being vertical.

Edited: 19 October 2018, 18:58
Lewes, United...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
26,391 posts
38 reviews
9. Re: Road trip in North GA mountains

Yes, spotted the blurb on the new route, V. Think the airline needs renaming to London Atlantic Airways, so many other, non USA bound, routes are being dropped.

Do you need to be vertical to spend a GAD out and about? Did a GAD recently with friends from USA and after the pub stop we made it home only somewhat vertical. Fortunately whole trip was on foot ....

SWT

N. Idaho
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
25,069 posts
112 reviews
10. Re: Road trip in North GA mountains

GAD can be a state of mind, Valiants, so you can join!

It does generally involve "Road Trip Food", the basis of which are Red Vines, Fritos and Coke. Nothing as healthy as PeachBelle's apple purchases! There might be regional variations, hahaha!

Reply to: Road trip in North GA mountains
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted