We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanks for your help...

London, United...
Level Contributor
870 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
Thanks for your help...

I posted here for help ages ago on a US Road Trip and I received a lot of help, I'm right in the middle of the trip now so I thought I'd say thanks!!

We arrived in LA on the 12th April and headed up to Yosemite which was, to be perfectly honest bloody amazing. We've just travelled for 4 months in SE Asia so we weren't used to the cold, but hey, it's April and it was 27 degrees at night and we were camping!!

Left Yosemite after 3 days and drove to Death Valley - what a difference!! Stayed at Stovepipe Wells campground for 2 nights, went to Furnace Creek, Badwater Flats, Scotty's Castle, the Dunes etc and loved it!

Then onto Zion, Bryce and Capitol Reef NPs. WOW!! All of them were amzing, the huge views from Bryce Point are stunning - Rainbow Point too!!

Anyway, we're in Green River, Utah at the moment, just getting ready to go to Arches NP before we g to Aspen to see a friend.

If you like I'll keep you updated with our progress when I can.

Thanks again, it's an easy country to drive in, I was a bit worried as I hadn't driven a car for 4 months, but it's easy! A few wrong turns, but it's no problem!!

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
61,828 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thanks for your help...

Love reading trip reports, and it's so nice of you to take time to update us while you're still on your journey.

After your return, pop over to the individual forums to give feedback about your trip. We get very few reports on the Yosemite forum and would love to hear from you. And since we just returned from Death Valley, I'd love to hear more about your experience in that area as well. (What did you think of the SPW campground? It's almost just a parking lot! Are you tent camping? Did you get a site with a table?)

London, United...
Level Contributor
870 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thanks for your help...

I can reply as my girlfriend is still getting ready!!

Stovepipe Wells campground was fine, we are tent camping and we managed to find a spot right at the bottom of the car park so it was hidden behind some dunes so we didn't feel like we were in the car park! We managed to get a table, firepit, the whole works!! No showers but I washed in the sink in the washrooms!!

Fill up the car with petrol (gas!!) before heading to Death Valley as it's $4.39 a gallon at Stopepipe Wells!!

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thanks for your help...

...and SPW still is "cheapest" for fuel in DV. Keep on posting mate, we love it!!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
870 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thanks for your help...

Just got back from Arches NP where it was SNOWING!!! While we were there it snowed, rained, hailstoned (is that a word?!) and we saw lightning!

Amazing scenery, really amazing... Heading onto Colorado tomorrow where we'll encounter more snow (and some proper strength beer!!)...

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,068 posts
1,080 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thanks for your help...

>> (and some proper strength beer!!)... <<

Microbreweries :-)

www.beer100.com/brewpubs_a_to_k/colorado.htm

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thanks for your help...

Yes, far better than the 3.2 % ****

London, United...
Level Contributor
870 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thanks for your help...

Cheers for the lists of Microbreweries!!

Looks like I've got bit of drinking to do!! My girlfriends turn to drive maybe!!

Fullerton
Level Contributor
546 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thanks for your help...

Thanks for the road trip report. If you get a chance, could you post on The Yosemite national park forum too. We would love to hear what sights you saw and things you did in Yosemite.

thanks again

London, United...
Level Contributor
870 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thanks for your help...

I've written a very quick account of our Yosemite adventure... Sorry I didn't go into too much detail but I've just had a 14 inch pizza and I'm ready for bed!!

Aspen was beautiful, really brilliant. The drive through Carbondale to Silverton was probably the most amazing scenery we've ever seen. We were blown away by the beauty of it. Silverton was a great place, we only stayed there 1 night but had a great time. We went to the only bar we could find that was open and ended up having too many beers and getting in at 2.30am! Great fun!!

Visited Mesa Verde NP today and loved it!

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thanks for your help...

No weather issues between Carbondale and Silverton? Yes Million dollar highway is gorgeous and so is Mesa verde. And cheers!

Tet