We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short 2 day trip from LA to LV

uk
Level Contributor
918 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Short 2 day trip from LA to LV

Hi traveling from LA to LV and I am looking for road trip ideas - 2 days to get there (I know it can be done in 5 hoursbut want to see whats out there), are there any sights to see, hotel recommendations etc

Is Joshua tree park worth a visit

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,892 posts
1,048 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Short 2 day trip from LA to LV

>> Is Joshua tree park worth a visit <<

Well, if you like Joshua trees ;-) Sorry, joke. It always puzzles me when people go out of their way to go to Joshua Tree because it has never seemed very interesting to me, but that's just my opinion.

You could detour up to Big Bear (when are you visiting?) . . . or Palm Springs . . . or take some back roads through the desert and see some big sand dunes, and part of old Route 66.

It all depends upon what interests you?

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Short 2 day trip from LA to LV

Hi again. See my other post. We like Joshua Tree NP. Already been 3 times-lol-

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,965 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Short 2 day trip from LA to LV

Yes -- lots to see... check these websites:

www.lakearrowhead.net - a fantastic area in the mountains above LA.

www.calicotown.com - Calico Ghost Town

www.historic66.com - from LA to Chicago .. but lots to see, just click on the California map .. and has other info for you.

www.peggysuesdiner.com - a great 50's diner, with great old fashioned food, and lots of memorabillia.

You could go via Laughlin as well, and maybe stay overnight there.

They have great cheap hotels, and you could take a river boat ride.

4. Re: Short 2 day trip from LA to LV

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 November 2010, 04:18