We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pittsburgh to Detroit via Amish Country

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
525 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Pittsburgh to Detroit via Amish Country

We will be travelling from Pittsburgh to Detroit on a Sunday & was wondering if there was a route through some Amish country that would be worth taking.

Rettie

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
29,689 posts
431 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pittsburgh to Detroit via Amish Country

Go up I 79 out of Pittsburgh and head to New Wilmington and Volant to see a bit of Amish country. There is a nice inn in Volant that serves a great Sunday lunch. Then head north and you will take I 80/I 90 west to I 75 and then north to Detroit. It should take you about 4 hours to reach Detroit after you leave Volant. There is also a neat Amish store just down the street from the inn in Volant. You will also find covered bridges and lovely Amish farms in the area.

Cleveland
Level Contributor
10,853 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pittsburgh to Detroit via Amish Country

It should be easy to visit Holmes County, Ohio, home of the largest Amish community in the world, on the way from Pittsburgh to Detroit. Repost your question in the Ohio forum for specific directions.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g50087-i2892-Berli…

experience-ohio-amish-country.com/holmes-cou…

3. Re: Pittsburgh to Detroit via Amish Country

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2012, 06:48