We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

US South West Road Trip - Report

Worcester, UK
Level Contributor
30 posts
238 reviews
Save Topic
US South West Road Trip - Report

A couple of years ago we were planning a road trip around the US South West and recieved some help on these forums.

For those who are interested, our trip report is here:

http://gavinandnaomi.com/?page_id=349

It is split over 5 pages, with an index on the right, and hopefully a link at the foot of each page to go to the next.

Thanks to those who helped us, and we hope it is of interest to others.

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: US South West Road Trip - Report

Gavin, thanks for posting this. I really enjoyed your photos and descriptions. Looks like a great trip. You planned it just right, squeakling into Yosemite the way you did. A week or two later, and you would have caught snow for sure and changed your plans.

I also liked to see all the pictures from Zion. Most people don't do that much walking there, but otherwise there is not much to see.

You'll have to go back sometime to actually see San Francisco and the California coast!

EDW
Warrington, England
Level Contributor
249 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: US South West Road Trip - Report

I've really enjoyed reading both this report and the one from Yellowstone. I'm sorry that you didn't like Yosemite View Lodge - we stayed there twice, admittedly a few years ago now, and we really liked it, especially sitting on the balcony overlooking the river. I would agree that the pizza place wasn't brilliant, although it served our needs the first year we went there, but we tried the restaurant the second time and that was good. We didn't have any experience of racoons, though!

Jarrow, United...
Level Contributor
598 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: US South West Road Trip - Report

Fantastic quality photos, makes me think I should go out and buy a new camera, kicking myself at doing the quick flight over the grand canyon and missing out on the Hoover dam tour.

Surburban Chicago
Level Contributor
110 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: US South West Road Trip - Report

Have to agree,amazing quality on the photos and a great description of your trip.Hats off to you.

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,799 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: US South West Road Trip - Report

I liked your last line: "If you are thinking of doing a trip like this, you should." Your trip report and photos makes me want to do a trip like this! Thank you for posting.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,965 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: US South West Road Trip - Report

An amzing trip report - so detailed.

I love the way you put it altogether with the photos.

Obviously the Wynn Buffet was a food highlight.

Thank you .. and good luck with your next trip.

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
3,260 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: US South West Road Trip - Report

Amazing photos.

I also really like your time and mileage chart.

Wednesbury, UK
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
15,321 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: US South West Road Trip - Report

Great TR,like your Colorado/Wyoming one, and the In-n- Out burger section of your website is excellent, made me regret not getting one in Laughlin last month : )

9. Re: US South West Road Trip - Report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 13:18