We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! Too much choice

Dublin
Level Contributor
71 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Help! Too much choice

Hi

I have just booked tickets to Denver for late August. We have 18 days and a car and want to do a loop taking in the following: Durango/Cortez, Monument Valley, Santa Fe, Mesa Verde, Moab, RMNP/Estes Park and back to Denver. From experience, can anyone advise if this is a good plan or do I need to change the order or are we missing something? It is such a big area so I am a bit out of my depth!

We love fantastic scenery but are not keen on hiking!

Thank you in advance.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help! Too much choice

It's a good plan and it can be done in 18 days. Another option is to make a loop Denver-Denver and visit Black Hills/Badlands SD, Yellowstone and Grand Teton NP. You even can add Moab if you stretch it.

You could do:

1. Arr Denver

2. To Great San Dunes NP

3,4,5,6: Taos/Santa fe

7. To Mesa Verde NP

8. Mesa verde NP and to Durango

9. Durango-Silverton RR

10. Durango-Million Dollar hw-Montrose (Black Canyon of the Gunnison NP

11. Montrose via Telluride to Moab

12,13,14: Moab

15. Moab via ut128 to Grand Junction for Colorado NM-Glenwood Springs

16. Glenwood Springs-RMNP

17: RMNP

18: To Denver.

Many more options. If you don't mind scary drives you can drive up Mount Evans before Denver at the end of your trip. It's not recommended to drive that high right after arrival.

Tet

Tet

Dublin
Level Contributor
71 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help! Too much choice

Thank you, some new ideas in there too. I think we need about three months!

3. Re: Help! Too much choice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 05:16