We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seven Day Road Trip in Colorado

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,775 posts
97 reviews
Save Topic
Seven Day Road Trip in Colorado

We are headed to Colorado in late July, flying into and out of Denver. We'll be there six nights, arriving very early on the first day, and leaving late on the last day, so seven full days. I've already booked the first two nights in Estes Park, but the rest is open. The only two must do's are a bike ride in Glenwood Springs Canyon, and hiking the Maroon Bells in Aspen. Other things that look interesting are Colorado National Monument, Great Sand Dunes, Black Canyon of the Gunnison, seeing wildflowers near Crested Butte, and Ouray. I'm guessing that seeing all of this would be too much for the time that we have. We've previously been to Mesa Verde, Royal Gorge, and Colorado Springs, so we wouldn't include those in this trip. Any other suggestions would be welcome.

Also, I'm not sure of the best route to get from Estes Park to Glenwood Springs/Aspen. One route that looks interesting is going due south via 7/72/119, picking up 1-70 west, then exiting south towards Leadville so that we could drive Independence Pass to Aspen. Another option is to head west via Trail RIdge Road, towards Grand Lake and Kremmling, seeing the western part of RMNP, then picking up 1-70 west on to Glenwood Springs.

I've already posted in the Colorado forum, but wanted to get some more opinions. Thanks!

1. Re: Seven Day Road Trip in Colorado

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 05:17