We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

seattle to san Francisco

Seymour, Tennessee
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
seattle to san Francisco

Hi everyone, I'm hoping you can five me some input on a trip my husband and I are planning to WA, OR and CA from Sept 28 to Oct 12 2012.

We are flying into Seattle on Sept 28th, renting a car and driving up to La Conner staying at the Wild Iris Inn.

We would like to do a half day kayak trip before we leave for Leavenworth WA.

We are thinking of staying at the All Seasons River Inn.

Then driving onto Mount Rainier, staying at the Almost Paradise.

Our next stop, Cannon beach. (Not sure where to stay)

Then we will drive the coast road to Eureka, CA. for a quick stop before going onto Sonoma Valley where we would like to stay at a B and B preferably on a winery. This and yosemite are probably the most important part of our trip.

Our next stop, Yosemite Valley, again still not sure where to

We need to be back in San Francisco by Oct 12.

So, keeping in mind we like more secluded but mid comfy inns or B&B's, we need some ideas on where would be the best somewhat out of the way places to stay; places we need to see and those we should avoid. Our timetable is completely open.

We like to fish, picnic, collect shells and stones/pebbles, kayaking, unusual towns like Leavenworth which have a European culture; big open spaces, ranches/farms; good resturants to name but a few.

I am slightly limited in mobility but I can walk/ride my mini scooter (whenever the distances is too far and where its possible). Of course, sadly, hiking for me is out, but my husband loves to, so hopefully he'll have the opportunity to hook up with someone at one of the places we stay. We are open to other suggestions for things to do.

We have come up with this itinerary from reading and researching the forums on this site but any further input would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks, Lorraine

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
58,918 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: seattle to san Francisco

Hi Lorraine

For Yosemite info, read the Top Questions (upper right) on the Yosemite forum page. All the lodging options are described there. Also read the trip reports, especially the ones from blueaerodynamique; her husband uses a chair or scooter part time.

Here is info about Yosemite accessibility tripadvisor.com/Travel-g61000-c156159

Ask on the other city/destination forums for lodging ideas, or maybe on the Oregon Coast forum for ideas.

Have a lovely trip!

Wednesbury, UK
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
13,785 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: seattle to san Francisco

Hi Lorraine.

You might want to consider Crescent City rather than Eureka. It's a nicer town IMO and dependant on where you stop the night before (Oregon Coast) it would give you more time to take a look at the Redwoods NP, although you do have Humboldt Redwoods SP and the Avenue of the Giants south of Eureka.

We drove some of this route in June so our TR blog (link below) may give you some ideas. Places like Cooks Chasm, and the John Dellenback Dune Trailhead, south of Florence in Oregon, did have some accessible trails.

www.westmidstraveller.com/TR_USA_2012Pt2.html

Don't see Portland and the Columbia River Gorge in your plan but not sure you will have time?

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: seattle to san Francisco

I don't think you can drive along the coast from Cannon to Eureka in one day. I'd add at least one night between Cannon and Sonoma.

Wednesbury, UK
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
13,785 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: seattle to san Francisco

Hi.

You have 14 nights in total, which depending on how long you are spending at the locations in WA, should be enough to put some additions into the drive betwen Cannon Beach and Sonoma, even allowing say 5 nights for Sonoma and Yosemite.

But it's not clear from your post if your stops in WA are single nights or more?

Roseville...
Level Contributor
1,102 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: seattle to san Francisco

Agree with guys above; you need another night in Oregon; maybe Newport about 1/2 way down coast.

6. Re: seattle to san Francisco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 08:17