We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vancouver, BC to San Francisco

Vancouver, Canada
1 post
Save Topic
Vancouver, BC to San Francisco

Thinking of going during Spring Break is 2013. What is the weather typically like? Is it worth it to go at that time?

Level Contributor
1,102 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vancouver, BC to San Francisco

Should be great; maybe some rain in Oregon.

I see lots of posts here about the Vancouver or Seattle to SF drive. Folks want to do it in a week driving along the coast. Not realistic. It is a two week trip if you want to enjoy it.

Marina, California
Destination Expert
for Tucson
Level Contributor
6,716 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vancouver, BC to San Francisco

It'll still be chilly. I mean, the Oregon and Northern California coasts are not that much warmer than Vancouver at that time. Rain's a given at almost any time of year on the Washington and Oregon coasts.

I think it's always worthwhile to do that trip. People gush over the Oregon coast, but I really like the California, particularly if you take the various detours to stay on the ocean when 101 leaves it.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vancouver, BC to San Francisco

Prob this is a Vancouver-San Francsico-Vancouver roundtrip. If you can, take 2 weeks for it as Dam has said.

Still have questions?Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question
Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,473 posts
1,084 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vancouver, BC to San Francisco

Hi silverbelle763 and welcome to the forums :-)

I've lived on the Oregon coast for nearly 25 years and no, rain is not a given any time of the year ... it's usually only October through early July! Depending upon which route you wish to drive, you may experience a variety of weather conditions.

The Oregon coast will have rain in April, but as you go south the weather usually gets warmer and drier. The inland route via I-5 will be drier than the coast, although there is a *slim* chance that you *might* experience some snow over the Siskiyou Pass - but only if there is a late winter storm.

San Francisco has a mild climate but it is cool year round and won't be warm in April. Ask on that desination forum for average weather in April.

If you are thinking of doing this round trip in a week, you really just don't have enough time. Maybe check into cheap flights from either Vancouver or Seattle?

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
109 posts
332 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vancouver, BC to San Francisco

I think the weather in San Fran would be around the same as the weather in Vancouver at the time.

6. Re: Vancouver, BC to San Francisco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 01:19