We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lonely Planet's 'AZ, NM & GC Trips'

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,223 posts
255 reviews
Save Topic
Lonely Planet's 'AZ, NM & GC Trips'

I've never felt compelled before to pass on a travel guide recommendation but today I have to.

Lonely Planet's 'Arizona, New Mexico & the Grand Canyon TRIPS' (ISBM: 978-1741797299)

It's such a well laid out, user-friendly, inviting book, crammed with sixty different road trips in the region and offering a dozen or so interesting places to see, stay or eat at along the way.

I read a lot of travel guides and this one is very good.

That's all.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lonely Planet's 'AZ, NM & GC Trips'

Yes, LP books are pretty good.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,223 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lonely Planet's 'AZ, NM & GC Trips'

I've read many Lonely Planet's before and none seem to have been laid out this way. It may be I haven't seen one from this collection before.

I've just finished it in the last twenty minutes. And I've got lots of fabulous ideas - added value things - for my trip planning. Got to go through again now and write them all down!

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lonely Planet's 'AZ, NM & GC Trips'

Congrats on your 6K ;)

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,803 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lonely Planet's 'AZ, NM & GC Trips'

Yay 6000 posts LDN! Well done :)

I used to swear by DK Guidebooks, I always thought they were well laid out and enjoyed the fact that they had pictures as well as text. However the recent ones I have bought have been a lot of pictures and not a lot of information and a lot of the information seemed a bit out of date. I must look into Lonely Planet in future.

I know a lot of people say you don’t need a guidebook when you have the internet, but I like having a physical book to leaf through, gets me in the holiday mood and then it is a nice souvenir when you’re done!

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,803 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lonely Planet's 'AZ, NM & GC Trips'

That's mad Tet14, we were posting the same thing at the same time!

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,223 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lonely Planet's 'AZ, NM & GC Trips'

Thank you, both. I was going to do something to mark the occasion but realised that was entirely self-promoting so stopped myself.

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lonely Planet's 'AZ, NM & GC Trips'

Good to know. I was thinking about getting that book as well but some reviews at amazon suggested it was not wort the time. Coupled with the fact that it has not been updated since 2009 I was veering towards other books but now I'll have to get this!

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lonely Planet's 'AZ, NM & GC Trips'

Great minds think alike Ncmc -lol-

9. Re: Lonely Planet's 'AZ, NM & GC Trips'

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 12:17