We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mi to fl nonstop

Ada, Michigan
Level Contributor
175 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
mi to fl nonstop

Has anyone done this? Last may we made it to mcdoungah ga before stopping. We are going again this may and our boys will be 3 and 5.

Chula Vista...
Level Contributor
2,617 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mi to fl nonstop

I'm not sure what you're asking of us in this forum. Some people may answer "yes" while most will answer "no."

Personally, if time and budget permit, I recommend stopping somewhere en route. We're seeing more and more reports of tired/sleepy drivers causing accidents--on a par with distracted/drunken drivers. Why risk it?

Ann Arbor, MI
Destination Expert
for Michigan, Ann Arbor
Level Contributor
2,135 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: mi to fl nonstop

I did it every year when I was a college student/grad student with 2 drivers in the car.

I can't imagine doing it with little children since the one who isn't driving will have to be dealing with children and not able to sleep to be fresh for the next driving shift.

3. Re: mi to fl nonstop

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 01 February 2013, 13:22
Ohio
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
8,186 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: mi to fl nonstop

I am presuming you're headed to Orlando from Ada? Looks like over 18 hours of drive time. I would not do that with 2 small children in the car. We've done if from central Ohio to Titusville, Fla (15 hours) but just my husband and I. It's very tiring and the kids will be miserable. Driving part of it over night will help with the kids-- perhaps leave at dinner time. Take portable dvd players-- let the kids sleep all night. If you have 2 drivers, that helps, but you will be VERY tired when you arrive.

Edited: 01 February 2013, 13:17
5. Re: mi to fl nonstop

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2014, 06:18