We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vegas->Grand Canyon->Bryce?Zion->Vegas

Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Vegas->Grand Canyon->Bryce?Zion->Vegas

We are planning a 4 day trip around the loop from Vegas to Grand Canyon to Bryce and Zion and then back to Vegas.

The other option is to do all the days up in Zion/Bryce area. Wife has been to neither (last time in this area was Arches/Moab for a day with family). I visited the Grand Canyon back 40 years ago.

We would leave LV on a friday (checking out) and have to be back the following Tues afternoon.

Much thanks!

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
58,025 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vegas->Grand Canyon->Bryce?Zion->Vegas

What time of year?

What is your travel style? Stroll & snap a few photos? Go on a 2-3 mile hike? Go on an all day hike? Sit and enjoy the scenic beauty?

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
17,758 posts
413 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vegas->Grand Canyon->Bryce?Zion->Vegas

You can't realistically do Grand Canyon, Zion and Bryce in four days and have sufficient time. Eliminating Grand Canyon would be the most efficient. Four days at Zion/Bryce is just fine.

Have fun.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vegas->Grand Canyon->Bryce?Zion->Vegas

Depending on time of year you may add North rim of the GC but it will be tight. Las Vegas-North Rim-Bryce-Zion-Las Vegas so when are you coming?

Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vegas->Grand Canyon->Bryce?Zion->Vegas

April 5-9th

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vegas->Grand Canyon->Bryce?Zion->Vegas

No North rim then because it will be closed.

Endless Mountains...
Level Contributor
1,657 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vegas->Grand Canyon->Bryce?Zion->Vegas

It all depends on how much your wife wants to see the Grand Canyon. Bryce And Zion great but no comparison to the GC. If not coming back in the near future, I would do 2 nights GC 1 Bryce,1 Zion.

It will be a lot of traveling but it is certainly doable. Leaving out the Grand Canyon " UNIMAGINABLE" .

Wednesbury, UK
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
13,571 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Vegas->Grand Canyon->Bryce?Zion->Vegas

Hi.

Like Joeman#1, think you can drive it and will get to see something. I'd have a good look at both GCNP and Zion websites and decide which of the two you want a full day at depending on your interests etc, as two nights GCNP will let you take your time and see Hoover Dam and route66 on route to South Rim. You would get two half days at Zion, and a hallf day at Bryce if you leave early from South Rim, 5 hours driving.

Pinellas Park...
Level Contributor
67 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vegas->Grand Canyon->Bryce?Zion->Vegas

We did something similar last May. Left Vegas on Tuesday, drove through Zion (a couple stops but mainly just a drive through) and down to Page. We stayed two nights in Page (Horseshoe Bend, Antelope Canyon, and rafting), then drove to GC South Fri morning. Hit most of the viewpoints and stayed in the park Fri night. Then drove back to Vegas Saturday and flew home. We saw and did a lot, and it was by no means relaxing with everything we packed in, but we saw what we wanted to see. If you don't want to be go, go, go, maybe cut out something or stretch your time.

Ohio, USA
Destination Expert
for Bryce Canyon National Park, Bryce, Arches National Park
Level Contributor
7,637 posts
446 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Vegas->Grand Canyon->Bryce?Zion->Vegas

Seems like too much for the time available. Sure you could scoot through and check the boxes, but you will not get a lot of time at any of the destinations. In reply 1 PNWF asked about your travel style and what you want to get out of the trip. That is important information for planning your trip.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
119 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Vegas->Grand Canyon->Bryce?Zion->Vegas

I did them last year in two days, but did not self drive. Based in Las Vegas I did the helicopter out to Grand Canyon, the river raft and then then back to Vegas.

On another day I did Bryce and Zion, and in my humble opinion were far superior to the Grand Canyon. I did this via a tour company out of Las Vegas. A very long day, 14 hours from pickup to drop off which you would not normally drive yourself. It was done in a 6 seater 4WD. Plenty of photo stops and free time to go exploring.