We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving to Lynchburg Va

Atlanta, Georgia...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Driving to Lynchburg Va

My daughter and I are driving to Lynchburg but since it's her break we wanted to stop at a beach on the way. Is there one not too far off track?

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
18,636 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving to Lynchburg Va

I will assume you're starting from Atlanta - if so the direct route from Atlanta to Lynchburg is around 450 miles but there are no beaches on the route.

You could go via Myrtle Beach but this would increase the distance to around 670 miles - whether this is too far off track is debateable.

Marina, California
Destination Expert
for Tucson
Level Contributor
5,697 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving to Lynchburg Va

I would try for the Outer Banks. That's also out of the way, but it's relatively undeveloped, lacking all the towers, condos and big hotels that Myrtle Beach has. If you want though, then Myrtle Beach should be your choice.

3. Re: Driving to Lynchburg Va

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 April 2014, 06:16