We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eastern USA Roadtrip

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,371 posts
249 reviews
Save Topic
Eastern USA Roadtrip

Startng to put together ideas for a Roadtrip from Long Island NY through the eastern half of the US. I was thinking of the Greenbriar in WV, then on to Nashville, then Memphis, then New Orleans, Then Naples FL, then Key West, then St Augenstine, then Savvanah, then Nags Head, then home. Just wondering if anyone had ideas. Thanks

Edited: 28 May 2013, 16:26
Chula Vista...
Level Contributor
2,617 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eastern USA Roadtrip

Hi Lenk58,

Welcome to the forum.

A few things would be nice to know before offering suggestions:

1. How many days/nights do you have for this trip? When will you make this trip (time of year)?

2. What's your travel style? Do you prefer quantity over quality, meaning spending only a few hours in a place before moving on to the next, or would you rather spend 3-5 days in one place getting to know it in-depth?

3. What are your interests? Golf vs. museums? Battlefields vs. beaches? You get the idea.

Knowing those answers will allow us to provide better recommendations.

Zed

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,371 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eastern USA Roadtrip

I would be retired so time would not be a problem. I would think min time would be 2 nights and max 4-5 nights. I would pick nice hotels and I like exploring and sightseeing I like history and music and would be interested in seeing such attractions.. I would not be golfing but some beach time would be good as would some decent restaurants, bars and pubs.

Thanks

Edited: 28 May 2013, 19:46
3. Re: Eastern USA Roadtrip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2014, 05:17