We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Book flight on the road trip

Sundsvall, Sweden
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Book flight on the road trip

we are going on road trip 3 weeks in late aug,sept. i wonder do you think i haft to book flight right now from arizona phoenix to miami, or do you think it is ok to book same day or so? same about from miami to new york?

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
30,429 posts
442 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Book flight on the road trip

For internal flights I would go and compare rates on kayak or here on TA except for Southwest airlines. You will need to go to their website. Southwest is great at internal flights and do not charge a change fee or baggage fees.

Good to book at least 2 weeks or more before trip because airfare is much more expensive two weeks before your trip.

Chula Vista...
Level Contributor
2,617 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Book flight on the road trip

Hi,

I agree with PeachBelle, especially on purchasing at least two or more weeks in advance for lower priced fares.

Also, keep in mind that Monday, 2 September is a national holiday, Labor Day. That three day weekend beginning on Friday, 29 August through Monday, 2 September is the unofficial end to our summer travel season. Many people will be traveling that weekend, so if you plan on flying during any of those days, reservations in advance are highly recommended.

Enjoy.

Zed

Sundsvall, Sweden
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Book flight on the road trip

Thanks guys !!

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Book flight on the road trip

We like to answer questions for road trips on the Road Trips forum. There's a forum for Air Travel ;)

Lewes, United...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
21,265 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Book flight on the road trip

Yes, as said, for best advice you flights, you should be asking on the Air Travel forum. However, they are likely to tell you, in addition to other valuable advice, that you should never book flights at the last minute. Prices are rarely lower for the last minute, and what happens if there are no seats on the day you are committed to flying? Low cost airlines don't always have listings on websites such as kayak, matrix or expedia, so you need to know the names and go directly. Southwest enjoy the best reputation, but other cheap carriers exist, too.

SWT

6. Re: Book flight on the road trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2014, 05:16