We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Colorado to Canada on the Harley

Pueblo, Colorado
Level Contributor
492 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Colorado to Canada on the Harley

We are finally setting out for our 2 week trip and here is our itinerary:

Pueblo, Colorado to Rock Springs, WY. Flaming Gorge..1 nite here

Rock Springs to Salmon,Idaho ,possible 2 nites in this area

Edited: 04 July 2013, 16:39
Pueblo, Colorado
Level Contributor
492 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Colorado to Canada on the Harley

Not sure why my computer is acting funny ..any way. Sorry,

Salmon,Idaho to Missoula,Mt and then on to Kalispell

Kalispell to Cranbrook,BC we looked at Highway 93 and plan on traveling on this road the whole way ..any suggestions? We will prob also stay 1 nite in each..Kalispell and Cranbrook, How is Hiway 93?

Edited: 04 July 2013, 16:46
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
7,371 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Colorado to Canada on the Harley

You should be continuing you current thread...Yes, the 93 seems the route you seek... carracar

Pueblo, Colorado
Level Contributor
492 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Colorado to Canada on the Harley

Have you taken the 93?It seems like a good route..nice scenery and all, taking us through some pretty country. Do you think it would be good to have our 2 nite stays in Salmon and maybe Kalispell or Cranbrook? We are already staying 2 in Rock Springs for the Flaming Gorge with friends .Also for Cranbrook there is a Harley store and so get Harley T-Shirts from there.(Hatley Riders tend to want to get T-Shirts from other Harley stores:)

Lewes, United...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
21,467 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Colorado to Canada on the Harley

Hi Sandi

We've done lots of the 93, here and there, right from around Las Vegas to just short of the Canadian border over the years, just never on a Harley! It's mostly a great route, not too much traffic and plenty of views. I'd sooner stop in Whitefish than Kalispell, but if all you want is a place to rest your head, I guess it doesn't really matter too much.

Have a great trip, and please post a trip report on your return. You do know you're our bike guru on this forum?!

SWT

Pueblo, Colorado
Level Contributor
492 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Colorado to Canada on the Harley

LOL! I'm Guru status! LOL.. we've done many trips on the bike..down to Mazatlan, Lake Tahoe,Vegas,last year went to Lake Havasu,hubs just got back from Austin..after our trip to Canada hubby drops me off and takes off to Sturgis w/the guys.. maybe I am a Guru! Thanks for the Whitefish tip..I wondered about that

Lewes, United...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
21,467 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Colorado to Canada on the Harley

I confess I can't remember what your full trip plan ended up looking like, and I haven't had a moment to look back at old posts, but if you have a few hours or longer in the Whitefish/Flathead valley area, I'd be happy to make some suggestions of stuff to do around there - more suited to being off the bike and stretching the legs than on it, of course!

SWT

7. Re: Colorado to Canada on the Harley

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2014, 05:18