We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What places to visit to during my trip from NYC to Chicago?

Lombard, Illinois
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
What places to visit to during my trip from NYC to Chicago?

I am looking to watch some places in between to visit for my trip from NYC to Chicago.

Thanks!

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,271 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What places to visit to during my trip from NYC to Chicago?

The most direct route is about 12 hours of driving; so you could do it in a day and not see anything, but you're obviously wanting to take more than a day to do this drive and to see/do something(s) on the way.

It's about 800 miles of driving covering (or getting really near to) some 7 or so states and including, large/medium/small cities & towns, some mountains/lakes & rivers and lots more. You're question is just *so* broad it's hard to make suggestions without just running down a laundry list of ideas that are either generic and/or that might/might not have any interest for you. We'd much rather make suggestions of things that *you'll* enjoy, rather than just ticking off "the usual suspects."

Can you give us something to work with? Preferred route? Time of year? How much time do you have and/or how many nights? What do you like to do/so (nature/outdoors, museums, history, shopping, etc.)? Is there anything you hate to do/see (ditto)? Prefer large cities, small towns? Or???

As someone fairly new to the forum, I'll close some friendly advice/an observation. Giving more information/details in your question will nearly always result in more & better responses.

Looking forward to making specific suggestions:

hlo

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What places to visit to during my trip from NYC to Chicago?

Yes, how long do you have?

3. Re: What places to visit to during my trip from NYC to Chicago?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2014, 06:18