We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving from Erie, Pa to Las Vegas, Nv

Erie, Pennsylvania
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Driving from Erie, Pa to Las Vegas, Nv

Good morning! I will be making the trek across the country from my lovely hometown of Erie to Sin City. Not really into seeing things, more Just looking for advice on which of the three routes (northern, middle, or southern) will be my best bet. I'd like something more traveled with options for hotel stays overnight in somewhat populated cities. Any ideas and tips are greatly appreciated! Cheers!

Wednesbury, UK
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
14,154 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving from Erie, Pa to Las Vegas, Nv

Hi.

Not sure which I'd pick to get to Denver, probably I-70 as there is slightly more conurbations across the Mid West, but both have a 'lot of not a lot' of large options across Nebraska or Kansas if your just driving through.

Some great scenery along that route and down I-15 once you get to Colorado, even if your just driving past it, and the odd place its easy to drop into, like Grand Junction for Colorado NM and the Kolob Canyon section of Zion off I-15.

I assuming this trip is soon so there are no weather considerations to come into play?

Edited: 10 August 2013, 14:39
Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving from Erie, Pa to Las Vegas, Nv

Not sure how long you have for this trip.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
6,867 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving from Erie, Pa to Las Vegas, Nv

Pick your route to St Louis... Drive the I-44 & I-40 ... stop over in Santa Fe & drive the "Old Rt 66" Seligman/kingman AZ. Then the 93 with a stop at Boulder Dam the last day into Vegas ...carracar

4. Re: Driving from Erie, Pa to Las Vegas, Nv

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2014, 06:19