We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Toronto to vermont-- best route?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Toronto to vermont-- best route?

We are going with our two teenage sons 15 and 13 from Toronto to Vermont. We are staying in Stowe for 2 nights. We thought we might drive via Cornwall and then cross over lake Champlain on the ferry and then go to burlington and then to Waterbury for Ben a Jerry's tour etc on our way to Stowe. Is this a good idea? Any suggestions you give would be great. Any other things that are a not miss? We will be going on to Boston for three nights and then back to Toronto staying in Albany for 2 nights on the way back. So if anyone has any suggestions for there too they would be welcome.

La Libertad, El...
Level Contributor
207 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Toronto to vermont-- best route?

Sounds good to me, was in northern VT around Richford last Sept, not much changed in the area in the last 40 yrs when we used to go to drive-in there from the QC side.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
6,693 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Toronto to vermont-- best route?

If you do cross at Cornwall ... continue on the 11 where a bridge & the 78 will quickly get you to the I-89. Then, South to the 104a & the 104/108 in to Stowe direct ... Any drive from there, will be a treat... enjoy ... carracar

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Toronto to vermont-- best route?

That's great thanks!

Ottawa, ON
Level Contributor
928 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Toronto to vermont-- best route?

Assuming you want to take the Port Kent to Burlington ferry and are not in a great hurry, I would suggest crossing into the US at the Prescott - Ogdensburg bridge, then head towards Port Kent via Potsdam, Saranac Lake, Lake Placid. I think that would give you a better appreciation of the Adirondacks.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Toronto to vermont-- best route?

Thanks Ron-- we decided against the ferry this time as if our timing is off we would have to wait awhile to catch it. but thanks though-- will keep that in mind for next time!

6. Re: Toronto to vermont-- best route?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2014, 06:21