We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road trip NYC to Washington dc to niagara to Boston

New York City, New...
12 posts
Save Topic
Road trip NYC to Washington dc to niagara to Boston

Hello I'm planning a road trip from NYC to Washington dc to niagara falls to Boston and then back to NYC

It does not have to be in that order but that's what I am thinking about

Sept 15-16 Washington dc

Sept 17 leave for niagara stay overnight

SEpt 18 evening stop over not sure where we should dothat maybe finger lakes if anyone has any suggestions that will be great

Sept 19 reach Boston

Sept 20 in Boston

Leave on sept 21 back to NYC

What do you think?

Thanks a lot

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
6,704 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Road trip NYC to Washington dc to niagara to Boston

I suggest, there are far more worthy destinations driving so many miles ... Say, the Adirondack's & "leaf peeping" in rural Vermont & new Hampshire ... carracar

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
4,772 posts
336 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Road trip NYC to Washington dc to niagara to Boston

I think it is a great itinerary, you will visit/see some great cities & towns, ...You can even visit or drive thru via back roads Baltimore, MD and or Gettysburg PA, on your portion of the trip from Washington to Niagara so you don't see the same sights as you did on your way to Washington DC from NYC. Enjoy your trip!

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
73,588 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Road trip NYC to Washington dc to niagara to Boston

Hi Hdgtraveller;

Do you plans include seeing the Falls from the Canadian side ?

• Just about every view YOU have seen of the Falls was taken from the Canadian side.

• Cleaner

• Safer

• Much more to see and do.

Best Regards

4. Re: Road trip NYC to Washington dc to niagara to Boston

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2014, 05:18