We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tuscany 2014

Pontefract
Level Contributor
18 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Tuscany 2014

After a flying visit to Lake Como this year we are planning a road trip to Tuscany next September. We plan to drive down through France to Menton then across into a Italy and take 2/3 days driving into Tuscany. We enjoy taking in the scenery and avoiding busy areas and motorways. Suggestions please.

Lewes, United...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
18,814 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tuscany 2014

Hi

I'd be happy to make suggestions, please need further clarification on your plans:

What is the total time for the whole trip?

Is the 2/3 days you mention travel time to get from Yorkshire to Tuscany, or just between Menton and Tuscany? Your post is ambiguous on this! Also, without using motorway equivalents (for which you'd pay tolls), it's not possible to drive from Yorks to Tuscany in 2/3 days anyway.

What do you mean by 'busy areas'?

Do you plan to stay in one place in Tuscany, or tour the area, too, by car?

Do you need a return route back home to Pontefract? If so, over how many days?

Have you looked at:

www.viamichelin.co.uk

for some route planning guidance yet?

SWT

Pontefract
Level Contributor
18 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tuscany 2014

Thank you for your reply.

I think maybe I have mislead you slightly. We have no problems driving through France, having spent many years travelling throughout most of the country. We are well equipped with maps, satnav etc.

We are looking for interesting places to visit/stay whilst we travel through Italy, off the beaten track.

Thank you.

3. Re: Tuscany 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2014, 05:19