We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When to rent?

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Level Contributor
78 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
When to rent?

Hi guys,

I intend to rent a Mustang convertible at Miami airport, and i am wondering when is the best time to pick one, with the largerst amount of choices. Is that early in the morning , afternoon , etc........

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
20,125 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When to rent?

Almost impossible to answer as it all depends on who else has rented a convertible and when they arrive - note that most rental firms rent by vehicle class e.g. convertible and specifically booking a Mustang may limit your choices of rental firms and also carry an extra cost.

I know you can specifically rent a Mustang from Hertz but it costs more than the convertible class.

Lewes, United...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
20,868 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: When to rent?

Hi beepop

Tom's pretty much said it all.

If you rent a vehicle in a general category, so that your booking says something like 'XYZ car type or similar' then you have agreed, in all probability, to accept a convertible which may or may not be a Mustang, and may or may not be something comparatively disappointing instead.

If you mean 'absolutely want' a Mustang, and nothing else will do, rather than 'intend' which is the expression you used, then you need to find a rental company who guarantees a Mustang convertible. As said, this will limit you. Hertz offer this, other also do, but it is more expensive this way.

BTW, do be aware that a real Mustang convertible has very limited luggage capacity!

SWT

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,958 posts
1,048 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: When to rent?

All convertibles have limited trunk space with the top down.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: When to rent?

Right. For packing a Mustang Convertible see this movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTM2BQdOt5M

Why not rent already from Europe instead from Miami?

Best chance? I think midday monday after the weekend but that's just a guess. Don't think friday will be best time of the week.

Tet

Lewes, United...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
20,868 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: When to rent?

h-B - you are right, of course, but the Mustang seems to have a smaller trunk than some of the other convertibles, the ones that folk are general disappointed with otherwise! (I'm a serial convertible owner, the current one has almost twice as much luggage/shopping space as the previous one!)

Tet - I think the OP meant they are picking up the car in Miami, not that they'd arrange the rental once the arrived there, but I could have misunderstood!

SWT

6. Re: When to rent?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2014, 06:21