We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

L.A to Nashville

Auckland, New...
13 posts
Save Topic
L.A to Nashville

I am planning a trip to USA and am planning to drive from L.A to The beautiful Nashville. Which is the best route to take? I would very much appreciate some advice too.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
31,538 posts
445 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: L.A to Nashville

I would take I 40 and you would go thru Albuquerque which is a great southwestern city with a historic old town area, then head thru OKC and on to Little Rock where you will find Civil rights and Clinton museum, then to Memphis with Beale Street and Elvis Presley's Graceland then on to Nashville.

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
8,865 posts
238 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: L.A to Nashville

agreed- that is the best route. How long do you have for the road trip? We've enjoyed pieces of old Rt 66 along that route as well.

Santa Fe, NM is only an hour north of I 40. One of my favorite places. Sedona, Az is only about an hour south of I 40 Another beautiful spot. Grand Canyon is not far afield in Az as well. Lots to see and do depending on your time :)

Auckland, New...
13 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: L.A to Nashville

Thanks for the information, much appreciated. We visited Nashville this year in July for 5 nights. we flew from Memphis to Nashville for 5 nights then made our way up to Chicago (driving). We would love to go back to Nashville for 3 weeks next July 2014. Where would you recommend to stay for that period of time? We would like a fully equipped kitchen.

Thank you.

Edited: 07 November 2013, 05:07
Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
31,538 posts
445 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: L.A to Nashville

You can check vacation rentals here on TA or vrbo or hotels such as Residence inns, Homewood suites, etc. have full kitchens.

Auckland, New...
13 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: L.A to Nashville

Thanks so much! I will check these out.

Marina, California
Destination Expert
for Tucson
Level Contributor
6,598 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: L.A to Nashville

Home2 Suites in Nashville. It opened a little over a year ago. It is like a studio apartment with a full kitchen and walking distance to a number of bars and restaurants in the West End. Very good area. Parking is also free if you park on the street across from the hotel, but the hotel itself charges.

Auckland, New...
13 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: L.A to Nashville

Thank you so much for your recommendation. I will certainly look at the website. It's a choice between the West End or downtown Nashville. We are perhaps looking at a 3 week stay. Do you have any suggestions for things to do during the day? We have been to Green Hills, house stars tour, and a general look in Nashville during our 5 day stay in July 2013. Thank you

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
55,588 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: L.A to Nashville

How long for the total trip in nights? Are you flying into LAX and out of ORD? Or from BNA to someplace else?

Auckland, New...
13 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: L.A to Nashville

Hi, we will fly to L.A, drive to Las Vegas and once we arrive in Nashville would like to stay for 3 weeks. We may also go to Charleston after Nashville. We are just starting to plan our USA trip for say 2 months......

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: L.A to Nashville

What time of year are you coming?