We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Olongapo City to Vigan, Bus Connection...

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Olongapo City to Vigan, Bus Connection...

Aloha! I will be in Olongapo City for a business meeting for 2-days and afterwards would like to go visit Vigan directly before heading back to Manila for the remainder of my vacation in late December 2013. Need bus transport tips, would it be smart to take bus-connection (Victory Liner, etc.) straight to Baguio and connect from there to Vigan? Or take te same bus ride then get-off along the way (Pangasinan or Tarlac) then hop-on to another bus (Partas or Dominion) to Vigan? Mahalo!

Lewes, United...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
20,838 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Olongapo City to Vigan, Bus Connection...

It seems you managed to find the Manila forum back in August, I suggest you ask your current questions there as well!

SWT

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,205 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Olongapo City to Vigan, Bus Connection...

Tet will undoubtedly come along and prove me wrong but I don't think you're going to get the best help here.

Not only because this is a road trip forum and you're looking for public transport advice but also because, well, not many of us have been lucky enough to tour around the Philippines.

Might I suggest you try reposting in the Olongapo City and Manila forums? They can be found here:

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g469411-i10198-Olo…

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g298573-i3261-Mani…

Very best of luck with your research and have a wonderful trip.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,205 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Olongapo City to Vigan, Bus Connection...

Damn, I hate being second...!

I think mine is a moral victory, though, because I was only a minute later but wrote loads more and included links and ting.

:)

Lewes, United...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
20,838 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Olongapo City to Vigan, Bus Connection...

I didn't appreciate we were competing! :)

Anyway, I do suspect you may have found somewhere Tet hasn't visited as with so many small islands, the Philippines doesn't really lend itself to road trips, and most of his travel is a self driven trip. I've not been, either. It was well up my bucket list until last week. I now think it would be better for the infrastructure to recover every where first, before I reconsider the validity of a visit to any part.

SWT

5. Re: Olongapo City to Vigan, Bus Connection...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 November 2014, 05:18