We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accom for np's??

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Topic
Accom for np's??

Hey just a quick question, in all of your experience is it best to stay in one hotel/accom for the np's or stay in a couple of different areas? We're planning on visiting Yosemite, glacier, Yellowstone, Tetons plus others and just wondering weather it's best to have one base or a couple?

Henderson, Nevada
Level Contributor
1,399 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accom for np's??

It depends on the park... I have moved around at Yellowstone (and also have stayed put) ... I have reservations at Glacier in July and will be moving about. I would stay put at Yosemite (assuming you were staying in the Valley)... At Death Valley if spending several days I move around... If you wanted to see both rims of the Grand Canyon moving is required.

I wouldn't move at Grand Tetons... At Bryce, Zion or Mesa Verde there is really only one option.

It also depends on what you want to see and your style... Do you get up early to watch the sunrise and the place awaken? Alternately is there a special sunset... Is there a restaurant that you want to try, and don't want to be driving afterwards...

Staying at Old Faithful allows you to linger late into the evening after the crowds leave... or get up early before they arrive... At Canyon in Yellowstone I got up at dawn (the wife slept in) went into Hayden Valley and saw wolves...

Randy

2. Re: Accom for np's??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 January 2015, 06:20