We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving from Tuscany to Puglia

Queenstown, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Driving from Tuscany to Puglia

Any suggestions please? We are looking for the best route for scenery, with a maximum of 3 days driving? And any suggestions about where to stop on the way? We haven't driven in Italy but managed France OK (LH side of road drivers from NZ). We intend coming back to our departure point of Rome via the Amalfi coast but maybe it would be better to do that coast first? It will be early June when we are in this part of the country.

Wednesbury, UK
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
13,237 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving from Tuscany to Puglia

Hi.

Outside my range to date sorry. SWT may post later, and others with knowledge of area, but I'd also suggest you post this on the Italy forums to get some local input.

Lewes, United...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
19,073 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving from Tuscany to Puglia

Hi

With a maximum of 3 days to get from Tuscany to Puglia, I'd say you don't have a lot of time for sightseeing. What I'd say is that like France, the autostradas are all toll, and although they're supposed to take credit cards as well as cash, I've had reports of problems with foreign credit cards.

The best website for route planning is:

www.viamichelin.co.uk/

Also, do beware large cities especially Rome - avoid is the main warning. For more details of the pifalls, just google ZTL. A nightmare scenario. If you want to visit Rome, park well outside the centre and take public transport.

I cannot advise whether to do the Amalfi coast on the way there or back as you don't comment on how long you have for the return trip! However, if you are concerned about the edges and drop offs down the cliffs to the ocean, do it on the way back when you will be on the inside!

For more help, please tell us more. And, as already said, as this is an Italy only trip, also ask on the Italy forum.

SWT

3. Re: Driving from Tuscany to Puglia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 February 2015, 06:17