We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traffic between LA and Vegas after Memorial Day weekend

A M
Wexford, Ireland
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
Traffic between LA and Vegas after Memorial Day weekend

Hi all,

I plan on driving from LA to Las Vegas on Monday the 27th of May which is just after Memorial Day weekend as far as I know. What will the traffic be like does anyone know? I'm hoping most of the traffic will be going the other direction?

Thanks

Marina, California
Destination Expert
for Tucson
Level Contributor
6,596 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traffic between LA and Vegas after Memorial Day weekend

The 27th is a Tuesday. Monday the 26th is Memorial Day. Do you mean Tuesday?

Traffic on Tuesday should be about what it normally would be, which means excessively heavy at most times of the day in the LA area. Time your departure carefully.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
5,047 posts
367 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traffic between LA and Vegas after Memorial Day weekend

Monday OR Tuesday after Memorial Day, I would think you are right, that most of the traffic will be going in the other direction (leaving Las Vegas). But I-15 is and can be unpredictable at times! Good Luck & enjoy your drive.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traffic between LA and Vegas after Memorial Day weekend

On monday there will be a lot of traffic into LA but don't think you'll have problems going out either on monday or tuesday.

A M
Wexford, Ireland
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Traffic between LA and Vegas after Memorial Day weekend

It's all good so! Thanks

5. Re: Traffic between LA and Vegas after Memorial Day weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2015, 04:25