We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carhire-Pick up in Calgary and drop of in Denver. Can do?

southampton u.k
Level Contributor
156 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Carhire-Pick up in Calgary and drop of in Denver. Can do?

My wife and I are planning to visit Yellowstone in late September and one of our suggestions is to fly into,and hire a car in, Calgary and drive through to Denver. I phoned my agent here in the UK and she said we can't pick up in Canada and drop off in US. Does anyone know differently or of a way to get around this? Many thanks.

Lewes, United...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
20,850 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Carhire-Pick up in Calgary and drop of in Denver. Can do?

Hi

Welcome to the Road Trips forum.

Your agent is wrong. Yes, you can rent a car for Calgary pick up and Denver drop off. However, it will be hugely expensive because it will involve an international one way drop fee and very few rental companies will offer the service. If you, just to get pricing examples - this isn't necessarily a recommendation of the correct/best way to book. we to look at the Expedia website, car rental section, and put in your destinations and dates, you should get a guide price. Another source of this kind of deal would be the website for canadian affair travel company. I've not used them but others report their service to be good. Just beware any mention of limited mileage options, and ensure you get insurance and other documentation to cover both sides of the border for when you cross.

Do you need road trip advice as well? If so, please post a separate topic on this forum.

SWT

2. Re: Carhire-Pick up in Calgary and drop of in Denver. Can do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2015, 05:18