We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling from Niagara Falls to myrtle beach.

Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
16 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling from Niagara Falls to myrtle beach.

Hi. I am travelling next month with my 3 daughters alone. I am very nervous bc this will b my first time travelling without my husband. I usually take hwy 79'through Pittsburg down through Morgantown beckley ect. Found out today from a friend taking hwy 77 through Akron ohio is better bc less deer falling rocks and no crazy cliff where all the mountains are. Anyways i want the safest way but still want it to b fairly straight forward. Hope I'm making sense. Any input? Is taking hwy 79 that bad?? My gps wants to take me that way....

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Nassau
Level Contributor
4,768 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling from Niagara Falls to myrtle beach.

Of the two possible routes from NF to Myrtle Beach, the I79/I77 western route is only 4 miles different than taking the I95 (eastern) route, and you avoid the Washington/Richmond corridor traffic.. Your proposed route is the smarter choice.

As long as you don't run into snow and ice storms, there is nothing wrong with taking the I79 route, and taking the US19 short-cut to Beckley, where you pick up I77. I have driven this route many times. It's a shorter route than thru Akron. On a personal note, the state of W. Virginia has set a 70 MPH speed limit on their Interstate roads. Frankly, I feel that it is too fast for the number of curves in the road.. If you drive a bit slower, you should be more comfortable. Have a good trip.

2. Re: Travelling from Niagara Falls to myrtle beach.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2015, 06:22