We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Websites for lifts - overland travel expeditions

Copenhagen...
8 posts
Save Topic
Websites for lifts - overland travel expeditions

Hello

I am looking for websites where one can search for lift on overland expeditions like driving down through Africa or South America. I am not looking for tour companies but for private people/charities driving down through Africa looking for people to share petrol and costs with....it could be for an expeditions for charity, for making a documentary film or just people looking for adventure.

Thanks for your help

Lewes, United...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
23,354 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Websites for lifts - overland travel expeditions

Hi

Sorry, but I cannot help. No TripAdvisor forum would work as it's against the posting guidelines for all forums. Try googling, or Lonely Planet's Thorntree forum, of Craiglist.

I'd say it would be extremely unlikely that any officially recognised charity would get involved with offering lifts as well, even if you pay your own costs.

Good luck,

SWT

2. Re: Websites for lifts - overland travel expeditions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2015, 05:17