We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Joining a club to speed up airport car rental

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
91 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Joining a club to speed up airport car rental

I've read that members of rental company loyalty schemes can pick up their cars without needing to queue and speak to anyone. I'm not sure if I could benefit from joining any kind of club though. I've already booked and paid for a 3 week rental with Dollar in Vegas. I paid through USrentacar and have a voucher I need to take with me. Is there anything I could do to speed up the process, or will I just need to queue at the desk?

Thanks!

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
20,473 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Joining a club to speed up airport car rental

You'll still need to queue for all of the usual paperwork but there is no harm in joining Dollar Express as it says they offer shorter lines/faster service for members. It's free to join.

www.dollar.com/en/Express/LearnMore.aspx

Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
14,781 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Joining a club to speed up airport car rental

I would post the same question on Las Vegas TA forum.

I always join the loyalty program, even if I know I will only use it once.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
18,792 posts
425 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Joining a club to speed up airport car rental

If you've already paid and also have a voucher, no way to really circumvent the desk. If you rent a lot, good to have direct to car access. Other than the occasional problem, haven't been to a rental car counter in years at major airports.

Good luck.

Wednesbury, UK
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
14,719 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Joining a club to speed up airport car rental

Hi.

Join Dollar Express and get usrentacar to put your number on the booking and re-issue your voucher, they will do it, they are great at customer service.

Then you just go to the garage, no queue, and pick up your motor at the kiosk, name will be on the VDU. In theory you can just go to the stall number and go, but if you want to an a additional driver, or pick another car, you go to the kiosk. Turn left and go down the escalator as you enter the rental centre off the bus, Dollar is right in front of you.

This will save you about half an hour or more if it's busy;).

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
91 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Joining a club to speed up airport car rental

That sounds good, I didn't expect to be able to do it that simply. I've signed up now so will contact USrentacar once I have my number.

When you say the name will be on the VDU, what do you mean? Will I already have been assigned a specific car before I arrive so I look for my name?

I wont need an additional driver or any other services, so can I definitely just go straight to the garage without speaking to anyone or queuing? I hope so, but the Dollar express website just says there's a separate queue which should be a bit quicker.

Thanks!

Wednesbury, UK
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
14,719 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Joining a club to speed up airport car rental

Sorry.

It's a display screen at the kiosk in the garbage at the Vegas rental facility. All the companies are at the same location, by bus south of the airport. Yes, they will have allocated you a car, but you change it for one in the same class if you wish.

Some Dollar locations do have another queue but in Vegas you are directed to the garage. You can just get in your car, and the guy at the exit barrier will check you out, the pre-printed rental agreement will be hanging from the mirror of your allocated car.

If you want to change the car, you just take it with you to the one you want, and the guy at the barrier will give you a new agreement to that car. Check it to make sure it's got all you coverages as per the voucher booking.

Anyway, that's how it's been on all my recent Dollar rentals from the airport in LV. Even if it's changed slightly it will be quicker than just queuing in the regular line.

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
91 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Joining a club to speed up airport car rental

I've joined the scheme and requested usrentacar add my details to the voucher booking. I didn't realise they would have assigned me a certain car before arrival. This all makes it much easier, thanks for your help!

8. Re: Joining a club to speed up airport car rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2015, 05:16