We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road Trip from Brisbane to Bathurst

Brisbane, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
Road Trip from Brisbane to Bathurst

Hi all,

Myself and 2 mates have decided to take a road trip to see Bathurst in 2014. We'd like to take our time and see what there is to see between Brisbane and Bathurst.

What places would you recommend for 3 middle-aged car enthusiasts? Car museums? Any good wrecking yards to pick up some parts for the XW and XY? My XW comes from Wellington, so we'll have to stop in for a visist...

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks -- Randall

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Road Trip from Brisbane to Bathurst

Welcome to the forum.

We made this drive through New England but weren't interested in things you want to do so I suggest to ask on the NSW forum.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g1-i26969-Travel…

Tet

Lewes, United...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
20,955 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Road Trip from Brisbane to Bathurst

Hi

I think the sunny weather must have affected our esteemed Tet!!!

I do believe he meant for your drive from Brissy down to NSW, you should check out the New South Wales forum, not New England - which was in the USA last time I checked (lol). What forum he was linking to, I'm also not sure, so try this link for greater likely success!

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g255058-i121-New_S…

SWT

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Road Trip from Brisbane to Bathurst

Believe it or not SWT but there IS a New England in NSW. We stayed there several days. (Glen Innes, Armidale...) For some reasons I linked Travelling with pets though -lol- I meant to link the NSW forum of course.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
233 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Road Trip from Brisbane to Bathurst

Yeah, New England is an area in northern NSW. But if you're looking at travelling from Brisbane to Bathurst you're best heading along the Newell highway which is a little more inland than the New England Highway. Less to see, but much quicker to get to Bathurst.

Not sure what you'll find in terms of wrecking yards. You'd be better going into individual city forums for that one. Moree, Gilgandra, Dubbo and Orange are the major towns along the Newell.

5. Re: Road Trip from Brisbane to Bathurst

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2015, 06:16