My wife, 15 yr old daughter & 2 senior parents & I are planning a once in a lifetime 45 day (or more) tour of USA in May-June
Below is the route of jtbtours.com as a rough guide. We will be doing everything on our own. Just request a lot of help in planning,thanks!
American Grandeur 45 Nights ?
New York – 7 Nights ?: City tour of New York: Winter Gardens – views of Ground Zero, Theatre District, Chinatown, Wall Street, Central Park, scenic boat cruise to Liberty Island – Statue of Liberty (photograph the Manhattan and Brooklyn Bridges, United Nations Global Headquarters and the Trump Tower, Empire State Building – New York Skyride, Madame Tussauds Wax Museum, Rockefeller Centre – Top of the Rock observation deck.
Niagara Falls – 2 Nights ?: Elevator ride into the Niagara Gorge (from the last week of May), visit the falls one of the natural wonders of the world – boat ride aboard the famous ‘Maid of the Mist’ and view the Horseshoe Falls, American Falls and Bridal Veil Falls. Enroute from Niagara to Washington: Visit the Hershey’s Chocolate World and Corning Glass Centre.
Washington D.C. – 4 Nights ?: Capitol Gardens – Capitol Building (the United States Parliament), photo stop in front of the White House (residence of the President), Lincoln Memorial, Supreme Court Building, the WWII memorial, FBI Building and the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum.
Miami – 3 Nights ?: Half day city tour of Miami – Port of Miami,Little Havana, Calle Ocho, Cocnut Grove, Key Biscayne, Brickell Avenue and stroll along the famous Miami Beach.
Orlando – 10 Nights ?: 6 Disney, 3 Universal & 3 Seaworld Theme parks.
9 Full day tours of 6 Disney parks, Half day tour of Kennedy Space Centre?. Cape Carnaveral?
Los Angeles – 3 Nights:? Half day city tour – “Hollywood Boulevard”– main street in Hollywood, Kodak Theatre, Grauman’s Chinese Theatre, drive along the ‘Sunset Strip’ and ‘Rodeo Drive’. Full day tour of ‘Universal Studios’ – Studio Tram Tour, exciting roller coaster rides and other thrilling rides and 3 D movie magic.
Las Vegas – 3 Nights ?: ‘Gambling Capital of the World’ – Helicopter ride above the ‘City of Lights’, walk along the Las Vegas boulevard. Full day tour of the majestic ‘Grand Canyon’ – a scenic flight over the mighty canyon, ‘Hoover Dam’ and ‘Lake Mead’. Wander along the canyon rim.
SanFrancisco 5 N ?
San Diego 5 N ???
1) Which other cities or place are worth visiting? Chicago? St Louis? other? How to fit them in the routing?
2) How many nights are required in each city to cover the main attractions, things to see & do?
3) Is the routing ok?
NY 7N--train or bus?--Boston 3N--fly--Niagra 2N--fly--DC 4N--fly--Miami 3N--train or bus?--Orlando 10N--fly--L.Vegas 3N--fly--San Diego 5N--train--L.A 3N--train--San Fran 5N
4) Which is the Best inter-city transport--train, bus or low cost airline for EACH inter-city connection?
5) In which cities to use public transport for local sightseeing, & which type (bus,metro, train, or taxi?)
6) In which cities is rent a car or taxi the ONLY option?
7) Can U advise us about 14 day discounted or complimentary entry passes to 6 Disney, 3 Universal & 3 Seaworld theme parks at Orlando and California & San Diego?
8) Should we do Sea World at San Diego, Universal at L A and only Disney at Orlando?
Thanks a million for your valuable advice!!!