We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SS Camaro

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
306 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
SS Camaro

We've rented one of these from Hertz for our trip round Florida in October, but I was wondering if anyone had rented one recently, or was going to be doing so soon, and can give us the dimensions of the trunk opening?

I can see from the pictures online that the opening into the trunk is small, but I could do with knowing just how small so I bring luggage that fits. I can only find specs online that give trunk volume, which is decent for that type of car, but actually getting it in is a whole different matter.

Last year we rented a Mustang convertible going round California and could fit in a large hard suitcase, a medium squishy suitcase, a carry on suitcase, and a rucksack. That was the absolute maximum and it had to go it very carefully!

The opening into the Camaro is much smaller than the mustang so I'm now having panicked thoughts about having to reduce my luggage size into tiny suitcases!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
21,387 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SS Camaro

I don't know the opening dimensions but the info here suggests fitting luggage will be an issue.

flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards/…

carrentingreviews.com/2012/…

USA
Level Contributor
7,086 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SS Camaro

I would take soft sided luggage. I do not know if dimensions have changed since the 2010 model year:

edmunds.com/chevrolet/camaro/2010/long-term-…

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
306 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SS Camaro

Thanks for your replies. I did find those articles, I think I spent most of last night googling!

I am going to have to buy soft sided luggage, but I still need to make sure it fits through the hole, so could really do with knowing the measurements.

I've emailed Hertz but not holding out much hope for a reply!

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
21,387 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: SS Camaro

Searching the Chevrolet UK website identified this dealership as the nearest to Brighton than deals in the Camaro - it's 74 miles from Brighton which is a bit far to drive but you never know, a quick call might get you the information.

http://www.chevroletbasildon.co.uk/new-cars/

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
306 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: SS Camaro

Genius idea Tom. Thank you, can't believe I didn't think of this myself.

6. Re: SS Camaro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2015, 06:16