I'm planning a trip with my girlfriend (both in our 30's) for next September. We've done a couple of road trips but mainly in Europe and although I've done myself some small trips in the US and Canada, I'm not sure the timings for this one are reasonable or too optimistic.
This is the plan:
- Day 1: Arriving to LA in the afternoon.
- Day 2: LA visit
- Day 3: LA visit
- Day 4: Hitting the road in the morning, passing Joshua Tree and arriving to Grand Canyon in the evening
- Day 5: Grand Canyon visit
- Day 6: Driving after lunch to Monument Valley to see the sunset
- Day 7: Waking up in Monument Valley and heading to Las Vegas, stopping in Page at lunch time (Horseshoe Bend and Antelope Canyon)
- Day 8: Las Vegas visit
- Day 9: Early start to drive to Death Valley, stopping in Badwater Basin (might try Racetrack Playa) and heading west to Bakersfield
- Day 10: Breakfast on the road to the coast, first bath in the Pacific around Pismo Beach and taking the CA 1 for another one in Santa Cruz
- Day 11: Driving to Yosemite and sleeping there
- Day 12: Yosemite to San Francisco arriving in the afternoon
- Day 13: SFO visit
- Day 14: SFO visit plus flying back in the evening
Any advice please?