We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Miami to New Orelans (via Savannah) back to Miami?

Postojna, Slovenia
Level Contributor
100 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
From Miami to New Orelans (via Savannah) back to Miami?

Hello everyone,

I asked this question on Florida forum and they suggested I ask my question here...

I would like to do this road trip in two weeks.

Could you suggest which roads to take to have the most scenic route? We are not that interested in Orlando parks, but love nature and nice scenery.

What shouldn't we miss on this road trip? And, is it possible to visit Savannah on our way back to Miami?

Its just my husband and I and we are used to driving a lot :)

Thanks for all your help and tips! :)

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
6,219 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: From Miami to New Orelans (via Savannah) back to Miami?

This is only a suggestion. There are many other options.

For the outward trip, you could head west to Florida's Gulf coast and then follow the coast road to New Orleans.

Coming back, you could do a straightforward route to Savannah. From Savannah it's either I-95 or the coast road, the interstate obviously being less interesting but faster.

If you're doing this trip in spring, summer or autumn (fall) then it might be worth including the Smoky Mountains National Park on the return trip if that appeals to you, but it would also depend on how many days you wanted to take for the other aspects of the trip.

Something like this, maybe: http://goo.gl/82Xm8x

(Points on the map are only there to construct the route, not suggestions for overnight stops)

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
8,270 posts
237 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From Miami to New Orelans (via Savannah) back to Miami?

agreed-- head to NO via the gulf coast. Heading back-- cut across to Savannah and then down I 95. If you can manage the time to include stops along the way, Amelia Island is very pretty as is St Augustine. Taking A1A south from St Augustine to just north of Daytona is a really cool drive.

3. Re: From Miami to New Orelans (via Savannah) back to Miami?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2015, 05:16