We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best route from Kansas City to Detroit, Mich.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best route from Kansas City to Detroit, Mich.

My sister and I am taking a road trip from Kansas City, MO to Detroit, MI. Can anyone tell me the best route to take, I would also like the fastest time, I am leaving around 5 or 9 in the morning on Saturday,

Thank you,

Patrice Harris

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
7,956 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best route from Kansas City to Detroit, Mich.

I have driven from Kansas city to Detroit. I did KC to Chicago ( via IOWA) ..about 7-8 hours and then Chicago to Detroit that is about 4 hours. You can also go to Chicago via STL.

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,597 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best route from Kansas City to Detroit, Mich.

Google maps is your friend. It will give you the "official" fastest route (accounting for your specific starting & ending locations).

After getting the route from Google I suggest you: a) consider when you'll hit any major urban centers (but you're on a weekend right? On my phone so a pain to check. Maybe not an issue), b) you might check state highway sites for construction projects, and c) you can "drag" the route via waypoints to avoid appropriate things that pop up from either a or b.

That's my $.02,

hlo

Edited: 23 May 2014, 23:42
3. Re: Best route from Kansas City to Detroit, Mich.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2015, 05:17