We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ojai, CA to Columbia, MO

Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Ojai, CA to Columbia, MO

I will be helping my daughter drive back from Ojai, California to Columbia, Missouri in late July. She has requested that we travel through Utah and Colorado because of the scenic route. I would like to space out the trip as evenly as possible over three day (Friday to Sunday). Can anyone suggest destinations for stops for Friday and Saturday night along this route?

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ojai, CA to Columbia, MO

Hi

That app is 1750 miles. If you can manage an average speed of 60 mph (and that's fast with reststops, roadworks and traffic) you're on the road for 30 hours.

1. Ojai-Richfield Ut

2. Richfield-Denver

3. Denver-Columbus

"Shortest" leg between Richfield and Denver is also most scenic. No pumps between Salida and Green River on I70 for 110 miles.

Tet

Tacoma, Washington
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
8,984 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Ojai, CA to Columbia, MO

If you could add a few more days you could enjoy the drive through Utah and Colorado.

Here is an alternate route to drive:

night before this trip drive to Vegas.

day 1: drive to Bryce Canyon (4 hr drive) , a few hrs there, then drive UT 12 and night in Boulder or Torrey

day 2 Capitol Reef in the AM, drive to Moab, evening Arches/Canyonlands

day 3 Canyonlands/Arches evening drive to Glenwood Springs

day 4 drive to Aspen (Maroon bells) then over idependence pass to Colorado springs.

day 5 drive to columbia, MO (10 hr drive + 1 hr time change)---to make this shorter you could drive out to Limon, CO, Burlington, CO on I-70 or Goodland, KS for the night there

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ojai, CA to Columbia, MO

O yes, and you'll also lose one hour between Nevada and Utah. Starting the evening before is a good idea. And Zion NP also is on the way.

Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ojai, CA to Columbia, MO

I sure wish I could take a couple of extra days, but I just don't have the vacation time available to do so. Thank you for your wonderful suggestions, though. They were, as I expected they would be, extremely helpful!

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ojai, CA to Columbia, MO

Have a safe trip and please tell us how it all went when you're back.

6. Re: Ojai, CA to Columbia, MO

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2015, 05:15