We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need to get out of TEXAS!!! July 4th weekend

Keller, Texas
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Need to get out of TEXAS!!! July 4th weekend

I am looking for ideas. I want to drive and see the outdoors. I am thinking about New Mexico or Fargo, ND then cut over to MSP. Just need a MAJOR change of scenery. Anyone have any suggestions? Cool nights, dark star filled skies....u get the picture.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
29,661 posts
431 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need to get out of TEXAS!!! July 4th weekend

Look at the Durango, CO area. Mountains and great scenery plus restaurants, things to do, etc.

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
1,114 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need to get out of TEXAS!!! July 4th weekend

PeachBelle is right on. Durango is lovely. If you want a smaller town, then you can go north from Durango to Ouray.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
6,867 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need to get out of TEXAS!!! July 4th weekend

Parts of North Dakota are difficult for lodging ... as oil crews have most all the beds ... Actually any Colorado small town in the mountains West, of I-25 should meet your needs ... What will you be driving ? carracar

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need to get out of TEXAS!!! July 4th weekend

Don't think that driving to Fargo most direct way means a major change of scenery compared to the mountains in Colorado and a visit to Black Hills/Badlands SD.

5. Re: Need to get out of TEXAS!!! July 4th weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2015, 06:16